HISTORIC CARPET CARE
We offer a number of training options, from 2 or 3 day courses for conservators and professional carpet and upholstery cleaners, to 2 hour practical sessions for small numbers of house staff and volunteers.
The subjects covered can be tailored to your requirements.
Our comprehensive 2 and 3 day training courses cover:
- Fibre identification
- Carpet constructions
- Causes of damage and soiling
- Dry soil removal
- Wet cleaning options
- Drying theory and practice
- Cleaning chemistry, theory and products
- Packing and rolling
- Environmental considerations
- Documentation of processes
- Health and safety considerations
- Presentation, display and maintenance
Shorter courses can cover one or more of these subjects to suit your requirements.
We can advise on your training requirements in light of your carpet collection and staff experience to produce a cost effective, bespoke solution which will enable you to care for your carpets and rugs effectively.
Recommended by Jacaranda Carpets & Rugs.